Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Years Revolution


We again find ourselves as a people at the end of another calendar year and as in years past many people will reflect upon their life in 2006, see areas they want to change or improve and then will make "New Years Resolutions" in an attempt to realize those changes over the course of the year. As a follower of Christ I should have that attitude of towards change and improvement every morning when I awake, maybe a "New Days Revolution". This brings to mind a quote I have known for years attributed to Dr W. Heartsill Wilson which is pretty revolutionary if you live it out each day.


"This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or use it for good.
What I do today is important,
because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,
leaving in its place something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, not loss;
good, not evil;
success, not failure;
in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it.
~
Dr. Heartsill Wilson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home