Thursday, October 06, 2011

Connect the dots.

Several times over the past few weeks I have started composing a blog posting but for one reason or another I have not completed them. I enjoy blogging and regardless of who may read what I post I personally find it therapuetic to put down on paper or via this blog various thoughts, comments and events that I experience.  Today I will break that cycle and along with the rest of the on-line world comment on the passing of Steve Jobs.
...
Today many people have posted comments concerning the death of Steven Jobs, co-founder of Apple Corporation.  Steve Jobs had a most interesting life journey and if you have ever used a personal computer you have most likely been influenced by one or more of the many things he has help create over past 40 years.

If you want to know a bit more about Steve Jobs the man he gave a commencement speech in 2005 at Stanford University in which he talks through three stories from his life.  I enjoyed the address and think there are several messages within it that I believe are valuable especially to the under 20 crowd.

Throughout the day I have read several articles about Steve Jobs and many people seem to be enamored with the image of Steve Jobs the designer, visionary and co-founder of Apple but what I have found most interesting about him as I have read are a few of the smaller more mundane facts concerning his life.
...

He was given up for adoption at a young age.
He never graduated from college.
He was "fired" from the company that he co-founded.
He was a Buddhist.
He was a vegetarian.
...
Steve Jobs
1955-2011
...
Oh and as far as the title of this post is concerned you can watch the commencement address I referenced.
...
Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home