Sunday, September 28, 2014

Disney Cruise 2014

This past week Tammy and I went on our first cruise.  We accompanied Tammy's sister Connie and her family on a 4-night Bahamian cruise on Disney Cruise Lines (DCLs) ship Disney Dream. I had my reservations about cruising but after this trip I certainly would not rule out another cruise. I suspect however that I have set the standard fairly high between travelling with Connie's family, a Disney cruise and a stateroom with a veranda.
...
Disney Cruise Lines Terminal, Port Canaveral, Fl.
...
I was very surprised by the size of the Disney Dream, the third ship in Disney's fleet. While we did have a couple days where the motion of the sea was noticeable neither Tammy nor I experienced any motion sickness. And now for a few quick stats about the ship; 
1,115 ft in length
125 ft wide
130,000 tons
1,250 staterooms
accommodations for 4,000 guests and 1,458 crew
...
Disney Dream, Grand Lobby
...
Disney Dream at Castaway Cay, Bahamas
...
Our cruise took us to Nassau in the Bahamas where we enjoyed an excursion to the resort Atlantis. Tammy and her sister swam with the Dolphins while Jimmy and I took the kids to the water park. All in all a relaxing day though we did have a couple communications/coordination problems resulting in our group getting separated  without a good fallback plan. File that away with a couple other lessons learned from this trip.
...
Dolphin Cay, Atlantis Resort, Nassau, Bahamas
...
All in all Tammy and I had a very good time and I certainly see another cruise in our future. 
...
Grace & Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home