Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reflections on New Years Eve

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
...
It is Thursday morning December 31st, 2015 and I am sitting at my desk sipping on some Earl Gray tea while reflecting back upon the past year. One benefit of taking as many pictures as I do and keeping them well organized is that with a few clicks of a mouse I can easily look back over the past year and see the things that were deemed photo worthy. I also keep a written calendar/planer on my desk that helps me keep track of the less photo worthy events. Between these records I can look back over the year and be reminded of just how many lives Tammy & I have been blessed to be a part of this year.
...
Holidays with friends & family
Birthdays with friends & family
Saturday morning coffee & conversation with a close friend
Day trips to 30A with Tammy
Sunday morning involvement at First City Church
Trips to the beach with family
Weekends Away with Tammy
Mid-week Small Groups with First City Church
Weddings for friends and friends of family
Trips to Disney World with family
Butterflies, lots of butterflies, with Tammy
Gardening with Tammy
Medical/health issues and challenges for friends & family
Saturday morning coffee with my parents
Bike rides after work with Tammy
Rec sports (t-ball and soccer) with the nieces and nephews
Breakfast dinner with family
Piano recitals by the nieces & nephews
Fall fishing trips with my father-in-law & brothers
Sunday brunch with friends & family
Staff & Shepherd involvement with First City Church with Tammy
Work trips to Ft Worth, Orlando & Crystal City with coworkers
Home Improvements both minor and major with Tammy
Graduations, both high school and grad school friends & family
...
As I look back on the list above, the photos I have taken, and the monthly calendar I have kept a few distinctive themes emerge. My wife, my family, my friends, my church family, my God.
...
I am blessed beyond measure!
...
And while God was not specifically mentioned in any of the items above His presence is in each of them and I count it a blessing to have been able to share life with so many during 2015.
...
Grace & Peace to All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home