Monday, January 16, 2006

Always a good experience.

"God doesn't require me to succeed; he only requires that I try."

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."
- Mother Theresa of Calcutta

Sunday evening about 40 of my brothers & sisters in Christ from First City Church got together at a local Soup Kitchen/Shelter called Loaves & Fishes to prepare and serve a meal for the homeless. Loaves & Fishes in the Pensacola area is a really awesome ministry and I am greatful that God has placed that opportunity to serve before us. I also think it is such a blessing to see so many K-12 aged kids from FCC helping out, especially the younger ages. These younger kids are seeing first hand that service to others is real and not just a great scripture to quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home