Thursday, December 29, 2005

2 Days and counting.....

As the year 2005 draws to a close I am starting to reflect on the events of the past 12 months and the start of a New Year as a chance to make some course adjustments in my life. I am always intrigued by the psychology of a New Year; that feeling of new, a chance for a "fresh start", a time for resolutions. I believe this line of thinking is totally reasonable given a cyclical approach to time based on astronomical measurements. e.g. 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365 days in a year.... The start of a new calendar year is a pretty unique event. I have only lived through 42 of them.

You cannot live in the past nor can you live in the future. All you really have is right now and right now just passed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home