Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day 2007

.
"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High."

Psalm 7:17

.
"I will give you thanks, for you have answered me; you have become my salvation."
-Psalms 118:21
.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
-1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
.
"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign."
-Revelations 11:17
.
Well the smell of turkey, onions and celery cooking are starting to permeate the house as Tammy & I begin preparing for our guest who will begin arriving around 1100. With 21 friends & family coming I suspect the house will quickly become a symphony of conversations. I am truly grateful for the relationships that have blessed my life. I am also struck by the stark contrast and similarities between last Sunday evening at the community meal FCC served at Loaves & Fishes and Thanksgiving dinner at our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home