Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Last Banquet

.
Well, Monday evening Tammy, Ashley and I attended our last Gulf Breeze High School soccer banquet. With Ashley graduating this May our 6 year run of high school soccer comes to an end. For Tammy & I that means no more concession stand duty, booster club meetings, board meetings, fund raisers, coaching controversies, complaining parents, cold windy rainy nights in Dolphin Stadium, tour bus trips to south Florida, or Disney 6v6 tournaments in the summer. Having said all of that I am truly grateful that I was blessed with the opportunity to watch my girls play and excel at "The Beautiful Game" and if given the chance to do it all over again I most certainly would. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching my daughters and their teammates grow, mature, overcome adversity, and achieve success both individually and as a team.
Oh yea, I was also a pretty proud parent when Ashley received an Academic Award for the 3rd year in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home