Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 2011

Well, January 2011 has just about run its course.  I must say that January has proven to be an interesting month with Tammy and I staying very busy throughout it. As I look to February and March I see more even busier months ahead.
...
Pray for Pensacola is entering into its fourth week.
1/30/11 - Pray for the wives of pastors and ministers.
1/31/11 - Pray for community development agencies.
2/1/11 - Pray for the mothers in your community.
2/2/11 - Pray for the impoverished.
2/3/11 - Pray for emerging Christian leaders.
2/4/11 - Pray to end abortion in the county.
2/5/11 - Pray for personal needs.
...
One of the new activities I have been engaged in this January is listening to an audio verson of the Old & New Testaments.  www.biblegateway.com is a very good on-line resourse and they have recently added an audio version.  I am finding that hearing the books read to me is quite a different and yet very positive experience than reading them for myself. The biggest difference I have noticed is that I read to myself a whole lot faster than the speakers read out loud. Now there is no shock in that difference but it has made me very aware that when I read to myself I am sometimes more motivated by the urge to complete a chapter or book than I am in comprehending the material.
...
One other change this January was switching from MediaCom to AT&T U-Verse for my Internet access, home phone and cable television services. This change means that the @mchsi.com e-mail address that I have used for a very long time will cease to be in service sometime next week.  You just do not realize how many on-line accounts you have and how many places use your e-mail address until you have to change it.  I hope I didn't miss anything important.
...
Grace & Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home