Sunday, November 09, 2014

Fall Thoughts

Pensacola Beach, June 2014
...
"Christmas can still change the world" - Advent Conspiracy
...
I was reviewing my calendar/day-planner earlier this week and made the observation that there were two Sundays left before Thanksgiving and seven Sundays left until Christmas. I also had observed that many retail stores had placed their Christmas decorations out after Halloween and thus from the retailers perspective the 2014 Holiday Season has commenced. Now I say this not to start commenting on how quickly the year has seemed to go by, or to point out the often gross commercialization of a traditionally Christian holy day that celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, but I say as a reminder to myself that I need to be focused on being in the moment each and every day. 
...
Later in the day I was reading a blog post by Margaret Fienberg titled "This Challenge Will Reset Your Week" and I appreciated her comments that centered around being aware of being in the presence of God. I reflected on how challenging it can be to find a peaceful and quiet place throughout each day to pause and enjoy the presences of God.
...
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. " - Psalms 46:10
...

"Be
Be still
Be still and know
Be still and know that I
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know that I am God."
...
I am striving to be more aware of Gods presence through each day and I am taking more time to find a quiet place to be still.
...
Grace & Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home