Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Christianity without Christ

I was listening to a CD coming into work this morning and the evangelist Ray Comfort quoted from General William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army. The quote intrigued me and stuck in my mind because I am living currently in his "coming century".

"In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentence, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell."
General William Booth

This quote really stuck out in my mind. "Politics without God" and "forgiveness without repentence".... General Booth seemed to have a very good insight with regards to our present century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home