Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday 8:30pm

Selfless Acts!

I continue to be amazed at the outpouring of God's love being expressed by so many. Several families from our church family have volunteered their homes as shelters to take in refugees. Incredible that they are so eager and willing to take in complete strangers but then why should I be surprised. Now is the time for our Christian light to shine in the midst of the darkness.

The message;
Matthew 25:40 "..I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine you did for me."

The warning;
Matthew 25:43 "I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it is great to help the refugees from Katrina. Are they helping people they know that have relatives there or complete strangers? I am afraid I would be hesitant to have a total stranger in my home after watching that screaming mob at the Superdome. Is the church matching families up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home