Friday, January 14, 2005

Self Examination

As I continue to discipline my life in 2005 I have been thinking how we go to doctors for physical exams, we go to psychiatrists for "mental" checkups, but where do most people go for a spiritual checkup? We go to personal trainers to help discipline our bodies physically, we seek out dieticians to help discipline our eating habits, we have financial couselors to help discipline or spending, but where do most people go to get help disciplining their spiritual life? Based upon my personal experience the answer to both questions is that we do not go anywhere but seek to go it alone. At least on the spiritual side believers in Christ have His word to use in their self-examination of their spiritual life.

Galations 5:22, but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Can people see love in my life?
Can people see joy in my life?
Am I at peace in my life?
Am I patient in my dealings with others?
Am I kind to those I meet?
Do people see goodness in me?
Am I faithful to my God?
Do people see me as a gentle person?
Do I exhibit self-control?

Questions that I as a Christian can review daily.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home