Thursday, August 17, 2006

Flying Away!

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - Ghandi

"Let your daughter have first of all the book of Psalms for holiness of heart, and be instructed in the Proverbs of Solomon for her godly life." St. Jerome


Well, in less than 48 hours Amanda will be moved into her Southern Scholarship house at FSU and will embark on a new and exciting segment of the expedition that is her life. Many of my friends and family keep asking me how I am doing and my response has been a consistent "I'm fine." Most have followed my answer with a comment about my rather unemotional response. If I get a chance to continue the conversation I point out that Amanda is almost 18, has made very wise decisions thus far in her life, has accepted Christ as her savior and has been a joy and a blessing to me. Sure she still has a lot of growing and maturing to do and there a quite a few new experiences and decisions still to be made but I have faith. Faith that she will continue to seek and discern Gods will for her life. I also pray that when she makes those unwise choices, and she will make some like we all have made, that the consequences will not be negatively life changing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home