Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Speed of Life

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." - Ursula K. LeGuin

"Your journey never ends. Life has a way of changing things in incredible ways." - Alexander Volkov


Well, Amanda came home Friday after completing her Freshman year at Florida State University (FSU). With her home coming I couldn't help but think back to my Freshman year at Lousiana State University (LSU) and the journey I have been on since.

In late April of 1982 after I had finished my incredibly below average Freshman year at LSU my roomate Richard K. and his brother Bill took me to the Amtrack train station in New Orleans where I boarded the Crescent connection bound for Spartanburg, SC. My summer stay in Spartanburg was very brief since we (mom, dad, grandpa Schermerhorn & I) pretty much packed up and moved to Tallahasse, Fl within a few weeks of my arrival home.

That summer as I worked cutting grass and landscaping around Tallahassee I can remember wondering about my life quite a bit. Wondering if I should stay enrolled at LSU, wondering if my parents would let me go back in the Fall, wondering if I shouldn't just enlist in the military.........

Little did I know that in just four months I would meet Tamara Paige McReynolds and my journey through this world would never be the same again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home