Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You are a Leader!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history. " - Mohandas Gandhi
.
"A return to first principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example." - Niccalo Machiavelli
.
As I listen to and read from various news sources about the current "financial crisis", the new Obama administration, the ongoing politics of our nation, and the world I continue to wonder if I am watching the consequences of gross incompetence coupled with selfish indifference or am I witnessing some masterfully orchestrated conspiracy to weaken and break the United States. I watch events unfold and I ask myself what can one lone citizen do?
.
I may not get a chance to express my thoughts to President Obama, or craft legislation for the House & Senate but I can start by ensuring that I am embracing and modeling virtuous character traits in my daily life. Leading by example my family, neighbors, coworkers, friends, strangers and enemies. Hey, we are all leading someone whether we realize it or not. I hope I am leading in the right direction.
.
Silence is not golden. Silence is yellow
.
"All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home