Monday, January 31, 2005

A different perspective.

There are 3 groups of people in this world; those than can count and those that can't. ;-)

Hopefully you are laughing by now at that comment. After listening to a sermon by Chris Seidman of Farmers Branch Church of Christ, www.thebranch.org, a comment he made has got me thinking. "There are 2 groups of people in this world; those who can help me grow closer to God and those whom I can help grow closer to God." I really like that perspective since it gets to the heart and purpose of our lives. As I go about my life this week I want to be deliberate in my thinking about the people I interact with.

Am I helping them grow closer to God or are they helping me grow closer to God?

God Bless!

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger jcallahan said...

This reminds me of a talk by Randy Harris. In the talk he brings out the point that God desires relationship. Being closer to God would improve that relationship. I believe Randy saw that as his goal and it seems that it would be something for us to consider as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home