Friday, September 09, 2005

TGIF

Overshadowed
Well this has certainly not been a typical week but then again I do not think I have had a typical week in a very very long time. From the arrival of family from Louisiana to spend some time with us, to my oldest daughter turning 17 (Happy birthday Amanda!) to my nephew turning 7 (Happy birthday Quinn!) to the carnage I have been seeing related to hurricane Katrina, it has definitley been a unique week.

I found myself on several occassions this week amazed at the outpouring of time, money, effort and love in the face of the devastation caused by hurricane Katrina. Not from the federal government, not from the state government, not from the county & parish governments, not from the city governments but from the goodness and compassion of individual Americans united if their desire to help those in need! This is the story being overshadowed.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amanda and Tammy. I will finally be able to get to the post office tomorrow morning to mail your presents. gs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home